What is RAPAC / RPAC?
RAPAC stands for the REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee while RPAC stands for the national REALTORS® Political Action Committee.
The REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee (RAPAC) is a member-sponsored non-profit political action committee organized for the sole purpose to advance the interests of REALTORS®.
RAPAC funds are used to build the future by putting dollars in places that will advance the interests of REALTORS® by supporting candidates running for local, state and federal office whose position on real estate regulation and a free-market business environment most closely represent the initiatives of REALTORS®. RAPAC contributes to and channels resources into races that will have the most impact on the real estate industry.
RAPAC is a vital part of our REALTOR® advocacy efforts which focuses on building long-term political relationships and strives to educate city council members, legislators and members of congress about our industry to guarantee that no decision is made that will affect our industry, good or bad, until our voice is heard.
- RAPAC money must come from voluntary individual member contributions and not from member’s dues.
- Contributions to RAPAC are restricted. According to Federal Election Law, only individual REALTOR® association members (non-corporate members) and their families are eligible to contribute.
- RAPAC operates independently of any political party.
- RAPAC is a certified Mega-PAC registered with the state of Arizona
- Mega-PAC status is official certification that a PAC has received contributions from 500 or more individuals in amounts of $10 or more.
- All campaign finance reports are properly filed with the Arizona Secretary of State.
- Individual contributions are properly reported, as required by campaign finance laws.
Owning It For 50 Years - RPAC
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RAPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS® or any of its state associations or local boards will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates. Until your state reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S. C. 441a; after the state PAC reaches its RPAC goal it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.
Thanks to our 2021 Major Investors
Doug Groppenbacher $50K
Sindy Ready $25K
Hall of Fame members have invested at least $25,000 over the course of their careers.
President’s Circle members contribute directly to REALTOR® Party candidates and make RAPAC investments.
“10 for 10” Young Professionals Network (YPN) members pledge to invest $10,000 over the next 10 years.